Business and Investor Visas for New Zealand

Visas for New Zealand

What next?

If you want to apply for a New Zealand Visa or want to find out more information about emigrating to New Zealand, please either :

Call us on

0845 601 7810

or start online


Business and Investor Visas for New Zealand

Under the Resident Class Visa category, New Zealand offers several visa policies tailored for business migrants:

If you have $1.5 million to invest in New Zealand over 4 years, then this visa may be best for you.

Your interest and ability to invest in New Zealand within a set timeframe may mean that this is an ideal option for you if you have:

Have at least NZ $1.5 million to invest over a four year period

Speak English

Are under 66 years of age

Plan on spending 40% (146 days) or more of each calendar year in New Zealand

You can invest in equity and/or bonds in New Zealand, but you are not able to invest in residential property or use bank deposits to qualify for this visa.

You also need to provide evidence of NZ$1 million in settlement funds and be ready to invest your funds within 12 months of obtaining the visa.

Investor Plus visas are also available for those interested in investing a minimum of NZ$10 million in New Zealand.

The Long Term Business Visa is a temporary 3 year work/permit visa. Its aim is to attract migrants who have business experience, have been operating their own business and wish to establish a similar business in New Zealand.

You can either establish a new business or buy an existing business. To do so you would need to be actively involved in the running of the business and own at least 25% of the shareholding of the business.

You need to be able to show and provide evidence:

that you have business experience that is relevant to your proposed business

that you have sufficient funds to provide capital for your business, and to support yourself and your family for three years in the form of a full business plan

that you have a good understanding of the business environment in New Zealand in relation to your proposed business

If you have purchased or established a business in New Zealand, then the Entrepreneur Visa may be an excellent option for you.

You should have established, invested in or purchased a business in New Zealand, and been self-employed in that business in New Zealand for a minimum of two years. If you meet these requirements, then you can make an application for a residence visa under the Entrepreneur category.

You are an ideal candidate for the Entrepreneur visa if you:

Own or are a substantial investor in a business in New Zealand

Have been self-employed in that business in New Zealand for at least two years

Have held a work visa under the Long Term Business category and have been operating your business for at least 24 months

You must additionally meet minimum English language standards, health and character requirements.

Entrepreneur Plus visas are also available for those who have invested at least NZ$0.5 million to successfully set up and operate a business in New Zealand.

New Zealand FAQ

Once we recieve our permanent residency to Australia are we able to move to New Zealand? Or would we have to apply all over again as we have had to with the visas to Australia?

NZ will accept an Australian Permanent Resident as a Permanent Resident.

I have a police record in the UK. How will this affect my visa application for permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand? How many years is the record kept in the PNC? Up to how many years old can it be before I don’t have to declare it?

All offences recorded on your police record will never leave the PNC. For UK employment you don’t have to declare it after 10 years. For international immigration you have to declare it always. It never becomes “spent”. In most cases minor offences will not have a detrimental effect on your application for permanent residency, but it will depend on how long ago the offence was committed and the severity of the punishment. More severe cases i.e. offences where you were sentenced to time in prison, may cause problems for your application. This will again depend on the length of time since the offence and the length of time spent in prison. If this is the case for you would definitely benefit from the services of a registered agent who has had experience in dealing with criminal matters.

If my application is refused, how soon will I be informed?

You will be informed within a week of the decision.

How do I know if I am eligible to apply for permanent immigration?

The easiest and fastest way for you to find out if you are eligible is to fill out our free online assessment and let our registered agents do all the work for you. All the assessments we recieve are looked over by qualified agents who will make a preliminary assessment based on the information you provide and contact you to discuss your options.

What if my situation changes after I have lodged my application? Do I need to tell anyone?

Definitely, any changes should be communicated to the department. If not you may put your application at serious risk since the details it is being process on are no longer accurate. If the change is a major one you can apply to have your application put on hold if you wish.

Did you know ?

The Skilled Occupation List (SOL) is a list of skilled occupations that deliver high value skills needed by the Australian economy.

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!