Under the Resident Class Visa category, New Zealand offers several visa policies tailored for business migrants:
Long Term Business Visa
The Long Term Business Visa is a temporary 3 year work/permit visa. Its aim is to attract migrants who have business experience, have been operating their own business and wish to establish a similar business in New Zealand.
You can either establish a new business or buy an existing business. To do so you would need to be actively involved in the running of the business and own at least 25% of the shareholding of the business.
You need to be able to show and provide evidence:
- that you have business experience that is relevant to your proposed business
- that you have sufficient funds to provide capital for your business, and to support yourself and your family for three years in the form of a full business plan
- that you have a good understanding of the business environment in New Zealand in relation to your proposed business
If you want to apply for a Long Term Business Visa or want to find out more information about emigrating to New Zealand, please either:
If you have purchased or established a business in New Zealand, then the Entrepreneur visa may be an excellent option for you.
You should have established, invested in or purchased a business in New Zealand, and been self-employed in that business in New Zealand for a minimum of two years. If you meet these requirements, then you can make an application for a residence visa under the Entrepreneur category.
You are an ideal candidate for the Entrepreneur visa if you:
- Own or are a substantial investor in a business in New Zealand
- Have been self-employed in that business in New Zealand for at least two years
- Have held a work visa under the Long Term Business category and have been operating your business for at least 24 months
You must additionally meet minimum English language standards, health and character requirements.
Entrepreneur Plus visas are also available for those who have invested at least NZ$0.5 million to successfully set up and operate a business in New Zealand.
If you want to apply for an Entrepreneur Visa for New Zealand or want to find out more information about emigrating to , please either:
If you have $1.5 million to invest in New Zealand over 4 years, then this visa may be best for you.
Your interest and ability to invest in New Zealand within a set timeframe may mean that this is an ideal option for you if you have:
- Have at least NZ $1.5 million to invest over a four year period
- Speak English
- Are under 66 years of age
- Plan on spending 40% (146 days) or more of each calendar year in New Zealand
You can invest in equity and/or bonds in New Zealand, but you are not able to invest in residential property or use bank deposits to qualify for this visa.
You also need to provide evidence of NZ$1 million in settlement funds and be ready to invest your funds within 12 months of obtaining the visa.
Investor Plus visas are also available for those interested in investing a minimum of NZ$10 million in New Zealand.
If you want to apply for an Investor Visa for New Zealand or want to find out more information about emigrating to New Zealand, please either: