Applying for your Skilled Independent Visa For Australia
The Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) Explained
If you’ve decided to make the move to Australia, then you’re probably wondering what kind of visa you’re going to need. As you have probably discovered there are lots of different visas for overseas migrants to Australia, and your mind is probably awash with terms such as Working Holiday Visas, Skills Assessments, Partner Visas and much more. But here, we’re going to discuss the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189).
So who is the visa for?
The skilled Independent Visa is for those of you who have been invited to apply for a visa and who have met the below criteria upon receiving the invitation…
- Nominated for an occupation that is on the skilled occupation list.
- Obtained an occupation-specific suitable skills assessment, which is one of the requirements of the Points Tested Skilled Migration visa
- Is under the age of 50
- Has a very competent level of English (spoken and written)
- Has achieved the score noted in the letter of invitation, based on the points test factors
What are your requirements?
Apart from the above factors, there are a few more things that will help you obtain this visa, which we’ve listed below…
- Health requirements
- Character requirements
- No debts to the Australian Government
- Completion of the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) document checklist
What are the perks of the Skilled Independent Visa?
If you’ve met all the above criteria then you can look forward to being entitled to all of the following:
- Indefinite stay in Australia
- Potential application for Australian citizenship
- Work and study in Australia
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residency, if they are eligible
- Enrolment in Australia’s health-related care and expenses scheme or Medicare
- Travel to and from Australia within five years from the date the visa is granted
How much will the visa cost?
The cost of a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) varies from time to time and depends on the date that you lodge your application – so make sure you check the current visa pricing table when you apply for the best indication of what it may cost.
Have you been considering making the move to Australia?
Speak to one of our UK based Australian Migration Agents about your options today…
Call: 0800 193 6900