Summary of July 1st visa changes
From 1st July 2018, the Australian government has announced changes to visas which will affect our clients. However, the changes have been minimal and here’s a quick summary:
- The points pass mark has increased from 60 to 65.
- No occupations have been removed from the skills lists.
- Application fee increases have been minimal at just over 2% increase. This includes all Skills, Partner and Parent visas.
- Skilled partner age limit has been lowered from 49 to 45 (where an applicant is relying on extra points from a partner’s eligible skills).
- New fees are being levied for Employer Sponsored visas for subclass 482, 186 and 187. The various states have yet to renew their lists for State Nomination Subclass 190 and 489, except for Queensland and Victoria.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the above changes.