Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489)
This is a provisional four-year visa that offers a pathway to permanent residence to applicants who do not meet the requirements for a permanent migration visa. This visa category is worth 10 points. Applicants have the opportunity to apply for permanent residence once they have lived for two years and worked for at least 12 months in a Specified Regional Area in Australia on this visa.
In order to be granted the Skilled Nominated or Sponsored Visa (Provisional), an applicant must:
- meet the minimum requirements for English language ability
- meet the minimum health and character requirements
- be under the age of 45 at the time of invitation
- meet the pass mark of 65 points on the points test
- have a positive skills assessment in an occupation wanted by Australia
It is also necessary to obtain sponsorship from either a state or territory government or an eligible relative living in Australia.
If an applicant meets the above requirements, an Expression of Interest (EOI) can be lodged with the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA); once the EOI has been selected and the applicant is invited to apply, an application for migration can be lodged with DOHA.
What next? Take the next step ...
Call us on: +44 (0) 131 625 6900,
or complete one of our Free Assessment forms ...
What Our Clients Say
We have all settled in well in Oz. We have now been here a year and loving it. Thanks.
– Simon & Gillian Vamplew, Australia