If you want to apply for a Canada Visa or want to find out more information about emigrating to Canada, please either :
Call us on
0800 193 6900
or start onlineAssessment
Canada is a land of diverse cultures and has one of the highest per capita immigration rates in the world. It is also one of the wealthiest countries and has the world’s second largest reserves of oil behind Saudi Arabia.
There are several Canadian Immigration Visa categories you can apply under to become a permanent resident of Canada:
10 Major Reasons Why People Emigrate to Canada
1. Canada has a strong migration history which can be seen today as much as ever before. Increased migration accounted for 1.2 million of the 1.6 million increase in Canada’s population between 2001 and 2006. On average, 200,000 people migrate to Canada every year.
2. Immigration has been a key factor in the growth of Canada’s economy over the last decade.
3. Anyone who enjoys the wide open spaces will love Canada, with its population density of 3.5 people per square kilometre – the lowest in the world.
4. Canada is one of the world’s richest nations, boasting an impressively high income per capita of US$35,500. It is also a member of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Group of Eight (G8).
5. The quality of life In Canada is absolutely first-rate, and Canada is constantly receiving awards and accolades to affirm this. In 2005, Vancouver won the global award for overall quality of life, with Canada as a whole being ranked 11th out of 114, and Calgary was awarded world’s most environmentally friendly and cleanest city. More recently, the Heritage Foundation in conjunction with the Wall Street Journal ranked Canada 10th out of 161 in the 2007 Index of Economic Freedom, and the Economist named Canada as the world’s 8th most peaceful country in 2007.
6. The opportunities for employment in Canada are plentiful, and potential migrants with a skilled trade behind them will find that their chances of successfully applying for migration to Canada are significantly increased. Opportunities are also rife for businessmen and investors whose work will help to increase Canada’s already flourishing economy.
7. The price of housing in Canada is significantly cheaper than other western countries such as the UK, and migrants are always pleasantly surprised to discover that for a fraction of the price they sold their house for in the UK, they were able to buy the house of their dreams.
8. Migration has been a key factor in the evolution of Canada’s culture, and as a result, multiculturalism is embraced throughout the country. People from various countries throughout the world are therefore welcome in Canada, and migrants can be sure that they will feel accepted whatever part of the country they chose to settle in.
9. Sports and outdoor life are very popular in Canada. The national winter sport of ice hockey is a national pastime and by far the country’s most popular spectator sport. Lacrosse, curling, Canadian football, golf, baseball, skiing, snowboarding, soccer, basketball and volleyball are also widely played and supported.
10. As a Country that boasts breathtaking scenery as well as first-rate urban life, Canada is one of the world’s most visited tourist destinations. Owing to its size, many Canadians choose to holiday within the country, and with eye-opening cities such as Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal, as well as the stunning scenery of Niagara falls and Gatineau National Park, this is hardly surprising.
I have just applied for a Skilled Worker Visa to Canada. What exam do I need to take to prove that I have basic skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening in French as my second language?
IELTS – but don’t do anything till requested by your case worker in Canada.
If my application is refused, how soon will I be informed?
You will be informed within a week of the decision.
How do I know if I am eligible to apply for permanent immigration?
The easiest and fastest way for you to find out if you are eligible is to fill out our free online assessment and let our registered agents do all the work for you. All the assessments we recieve are looked over by qualified agents who will make a preliminary assessment based on the information you provide and contact you to discuss your options.
What if my situation changes after I have lodged my application? Do I need to tell anyone?
Definitely, any changes should be communicated to the department. If not you may put your application at serious risk since the details it is being process on are no longer accurate. If the change is a major one you can apply to have your application put on hold if you wish.
What about all my furniture and appliances? What about my pets?
There are plenty of international removal companies that will help you ship all of your belongings to your new home, it just depends on how attached you are to your furniture. Some people prefer to have a fresh start and buy all new goods on arrival rather than wait several months for their shipping container to arrive, others like to take this time and do some travelling and check out their new country before they settle. Its a good idea to check with customs of your destination country if you are unsure about any items you want to ship, animal skins or products may not be allowed in. We have an affilitation with Anglo Pacific who pass on discounts to our clients. Pets on the other hand have to spend some time in quarantine before they will be allowed to join you in your new home, but they can definately come with the family. There are specialist pet removal companies that can take care of the whole process for you.
Overseas Emigration Visas migration agents are members of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) and the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants (CSIC).