Family Sponsorship Visa for Canada

Visas For Canada


Family Sponsorship

Family/ Spousal Sponsorship

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or
  • permanent resident of Canada

In general, you can sponsor

  1. Spouse
  2. Children, and
  3. Parents/ Grandparents

Spousal Sponsorship (and Dependent children)

An application includes both an application to be a sponsor and an application for a Spouse to become a Permanent Resident. An application can be made from outside Canada or within Canada. An application from within Canada allows the applicant to concurrently apply for a Work Permit while their application is in process.

Parental/ Grandparent Sponsorship

If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:

  • support them financially when they arrive
  • make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
  • provide for your own essential needs and those of your parent or grandparent

Any relative immigrating to Canada within the Family Class must have a sponsor. Both the person sponsoring a relative and the person wishing to immigrate to Canada must meet certain requirements.

Applicants for permanent residence must go through:

  • medical exams
  • criminal checks
  • background checks

Canada allows you to sponsor a parent or grandparent only at certain times during the year and selects applicants at random.

What next?

If you want to apply for a Canada Visa or want to find out more information about emigrating to Canada, please either :

Call us on 0800 193 6900


Start Assessment

See Also

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!