Skilled Workers and Professionals

Visas For Canada

What next?

If you want to apply for a Canada Visa or want to find out more information about emigrating to Canada, please either :

Call us on

0800 193 6900

or start online


See Also

Overseas Emigration Visas migration agents are members of the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC) and the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants (CSIC).


Skilled Workers and Professionals

Skilled Workers/ Express Entry

Canada offers an online system for all ‘Economic’ Immigration Programs. These include:

  1. Federal Skilled Worker Program
  2. Canadian Experience Class
  3. Federal Trades Program

For most people without any Canadian work experience, the application will be the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Federal Skilled Worker Program


To be eligible for this program, all applicants must be admissible to Canada, have enough funds (dependent on family size), have one year’s paid full time (or the equivalent Part–time) skilled work experience, a minimum language ability of CLB 7 in all factors and have 67 points or more from the following:

Selection Factor Points Range
Age 0-12
Language ability (English or French) 16-24
Second Language (English or French) 0-4
Education 0-25
Skilled Work Experience 0-15
Arranged Employment 10
Adaptability 0-10
Total 67 or above


Canadian Experience Class

Applicants must have at least one year’s skilled work experience in Canada in the last three years (before application). The work must be Full time or an equal amount of part time and with the proper authorisation. The candidate must also meet minimum language levels.

Federal Trades Program

Applicants must have:

  1. Required Language ability
  2. Two years of work experience
  3. Meet the job requirements for the Skilled Trade.
  4. Have an offer of Full time employment for at least a year, OR a Certificate of Qualification from a Province or Territory in Canada.

Express Entry

If the principal applicant is eligible, they can create a profile in the ‘Pool’ for Express Entry, with or without a spouse/ Partner. The Principal applicant must have:

  1. A valid Language test.
  2. Educational equivalency of a non-Canadian qualification (ECA)

If the Principal applicant has a Spouse or Partner, their assessed language ability and ECA qualifications can add points to the overall total.

Points are gained through:

Factor Points with a Spouse/ Partner Points without a Spouse/ Partner
Age 0-100 0-110
Assessed level of education 0-140 0-150
Spouse Level of Education 0-10 N/A
Language 0-128 0-136
Second Language 0-22 0-24
Spouse Language 0-20 N/A
Canadian Work Experience 0-70 0-80
Canadian Educational credentials 0-30 0-30
Spouse Canadian work experience 0-10 N/A
Sibling in Canada 15 15
French language Proficiency 0-30 0-30
Transferability Max 50
Education and Language 0-50 0-50
Education and Canadian Work 0-50 0-50
Transferability Max 50
Foreign Work and Language 0-50 0-50
Foreign Work and Canadian Work 0-50 0-50
Transferability Max 50
Provincial Trade Cert and Language 0-50 0-50
Provincial Nomination 600 600
Job offer (LMIA/ ICT or GATS) 50 or 200 50 or 200


Canadian Immigration (IRCC) will, every 1-3 weeks issue candidates in the Pool ‘invitation to apply’ for Permanent Residency, if their points are equal to or above the points ‘draw’. In general, points must be in the region of 400+ to realistically anticipate an ITA at some stage.

Once invited, the applicant has 90 days to make a full submission of their application. This will include Police Checks, Medicals and full documentation.

Provinces also have the ability to ‘invite’ candidates, dependent on their score to apply to be Nominated by the Province.

Canada FAQ



I have just applied for a Skilled Worker Visa to Canada. What exam do I need to take to prove that I have basic skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening in French as my second language?

IELTS – but don’t do anything till requested by your case worker in Canada.

If my application is refused, how soon will I be informed?

You will be informed within a week of the decision.

How do I know if I am eligible to apply for permanent immigration?

The easiest and fastest way for you to find out if you are eligible is to fill out our free online assessment and let our registered agents do all the work for you. All the assessments we recieve are looked over by qualified agents who will make a preliminary assessment based on the information you provide and contact you to discuss your options.

What if my situation changes after I have lodged my application? Do I need to tell anyone?

Definitely, any changes should be communicated to the department. If not you may put your application at serious risk since the details it is being process on are no longer accurate. If the change is a major one you can apply to have your application put on hold if you wish.

What about all my furniture and appliances? What about my pets?

There are plenty of international removal companies that will help you ship all of your belongings to your new home, it just depends on how attached you are to your furniture. Some people prefer to have a fresh start and buy all new goods on arrival rather than wait several months for their shipping container to arrive, others like to take this time and do some travelling and check out their new country before they settle. Its a good idea to check with customs of your destination country if you are unsure about any items you want to ship, animal skins or products may not be allowed in. We have an affilitation with Anglo Pacific who pass on discounts to our clients. Pets on the other hand have to spend some time in quarantine before they will be allowed to join you in your new home, but they can definately come with the family. There are specialist pet removal companies that can take care of the whole process for you.

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!