Canada Visa and Emigration FAQ

Canada Emigration

Do I need to take a language test?

Yes, almost all applications for Permanent Residency require a Language test (in English or French).
This test will usually be the IELTS General test. Minimum ‘pass’ scores depend on which application is made. For the Federal Skilled Worker Program you will need 6s in all attributes.

Is Express Entry an application?

No, Express Entry is a selection system for applicants who are eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Trades or Canadian Experience class. An application can be made once you have received an ‘Invitation to Apply’.

How long will it take to get Permanent Residency?

This will depend on both your eligibility for an Immigration program AND your score within Express Entry. A score above 440 in Express Entry will usually mean that your timelines to Residency are around 8-10 months.

What if I don’t have enough points to receive an ITA in Express Entry?

There are options to increase your points. In most cases the answer will be to move to Canada under Study and Work permits; this will usually increase your Express Entry CRS points  through Study/ Work or a PNP Nomination

Is there an age limit?

No. Although points for eligibility and within Express Entry will reduce with age. There may also be some age limitations on some PNP programs.

Can’t I just apply for a Work Permit?

No. A work permit will usually require a ‘Validated’ job offer in Canada with a Labour Market Opinion. There are some exemptions.
A study Permit will allow a spouse to apply for an ‘Open Work Permit’.

Free Visa Assessment

We will give you a completely honest and unbiased opinion of your likelihood of success at the outset, free of charge, and a full explanation of our fee structure.

Start Now

Get In Touch

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!