Family Sponsorship Visa for Canada

Home /  NZ, US & Canada Visas /  Visas For Canada & Emigrate To Canada /  Family Sponsorship Visa for Canada

Family/ Spousal Sponsorship

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or
  • permanent resident of Canada

In general, you can sponsor

  1. Spouse
  2. Children, and
  3. Parents/ Grandparents

Spousal Sponsorship (and Dependent children)

An application includes both an application to be a sponsor and an application for a Spouse to become a Permanent Resident. An application can be made from outside Canada or within Canada. An application from within Canada allows the applicant to concurrently apply for a Work Permit while their application is in process.

Parental / Grandparent Sponsorship

If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:

  • support them financially when they arrive
  • make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
  • provide for your own essential needs and those of your parent or grandparent

Any relative immigrating to Canada within the Family Class must have a sponsor. Both the person sponsoring a relative and the person wishing to immigrate to Canada must meet certain requirements.

Applicants for permanent residence must go through:

  • medical exams
  • criminal checks
  • background checks

Canada allows you to sponsor a parent or grandparent only at certain times during the year and selects applicants at random.

What next? Take the next step ...

Call us on: +44 (0) 131 625 6900,
or complete one of our Free Assessment forms ...

What Our Clients Say

We have all settled in well in Oz. We have now been here a year and loving it. Thanks.
– Simon & Gillian Vamplew, Australia