Business Owner Visa for Australia (subclass 890)
This is a permanent residence visa for business owners from overseas who have held one of the required provisional visas; their family members can also be included on the application.
To be eligible the applicants must:
- Meet the usual health and character requirements
- Have spent at least 12 months of the two years immediately before applying in Australia
- Main applicant must have had and continue to have direct and continuous management in their main business (or two main businesses) for at least two years immediately before application
- Own a certain percentage of the business depending on its annual turnover
In addition to the above requirements:
- The net value of the applicant’s (or applicant and spouse’s combined) assets in the business(es) must be at least AUD$100,000 throughout the 12 months immediately before application
- The net value of the applicant’s (or applicant and spouse’s combined) personal and business assets must be at least AUD$250,000 throughout the 12 months immediately before application.
- The applicant is also required to demonstrate that their main business (or two main businesses) had a turnover of at least AUD$300,000 in the 12 months immediately before application and employed at least two full-time employees who were Australian citizens, permanent residents or New Zealand passport holders.
Like to know more? Richard Gregan and the team are some of the most knowledgable migration agents in the UK for business related emigration and visas for Australia. Call us on +44 (0) 131 625 6900 for chat, or email email@example.com.
Other Business Migration Visas for Australia
What next? Take the next step ...
Call us on: +44 (0) 131 625 6900,
or complete one of our Free Assessment forms ...
What Our Clients Say
We have all settled in well in Oz. We have now been here a year and loving it. Thanks.
– Simon & Gillian Vamplew, Australia