Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand

Visas for New Zealand

What next?

If you want to apply for a New Zealand Visa or want to find out more information about emigrating to New Zealand, please either :

Call us on

0800 193 6900

or start online


See Also

Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand

New Zealand Working Holiday Scheme


If you are aged between 18 and 30 and are interested in travelling to and working in New Zealand, you may be eligible for the New Zealand Working Holiday visa. This visa allows the applicant to travel to and reside in New Zealand for up to 12 months (or up to 23 months for British applicants). Applicants will need to be of good health and character and not be taking any dependants with them, and also must not have been issued a New Zealand working holiday visa previously.

The application fee for the New Zealand Working Holiday visa is £200 for the 12-month option or £220 for the 23-month option. Both prices include government fees. Please note that 23-month visa will require the applicant to undertake a medical and x-ray at their own expense. If an applicant has a health or character issue but still wishes to apply for the working holiday visa, there may be a small charge payable for any additional work that needs to be undertaken.


New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Form


Your First Name (required)

Your Middle Name (required)

Your Last Name (required)

Your Date of Birth (required)
Value must be in YYYY-MM-DD format (e.g. 2013-04-08)

Sex (required)

Martial Status (required)

Town / City of Birth (required)

Country of Birth (required)

What is your usual occupation ? (required)

What qualifications do you hold? (required)

Passport Number (required)

Country of Passport (required)

Passport Date of Issue (required)
Value must be in YYYY-MM-DD format (e.g. 2013-04-08)

Passport Date of Expiry (required)
Value must be in YYYY-MM-DD format (e.g. 2013-04-08)

Please give details of any other names you have been known by?

Your Address (required)

Home Phone (required)

Work Phone (required)

Mobile Phone (required)

Your Email (required)

When do you propose to go to New Zealand? (required)

New Zealand FAQ

Once we recieve our permanent residency to Australia are we able to move to New Zealand? Or would we have to apply all over again as we have had to with the visas to Australia?

NZ will accept an Australian Permanent Resident as a Permanent Resident.

I have a police record in the UK. How will this affect my visa application for permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand? How many years is the record kept in the PNC? Up to how many years old can it be before I don’t have to declare it?

All offences recorded on your police record will never leave the PNC. For UK employment you don’t have to declare it after 10 years. For international immigration you have to declare it always. It never becomes “spent”. In most cases minor offences will not have a detrimental effect on your application for permanent residency, but it will depend on how long ago the offence was committed and the severity of the punishment. More severe cases i.e. offences where you were sentenced to time in prison, may cause problems for your application. This will again depend on the length of time since the offence and the length of time spent in prison. If this is the case for you would definitely benefit from the services of a registered agent who has had experience in dealing with criminal matters.

If my application is refused, how soon will I be informed?

You will be informed within a week of the decision.

How do I know if I am eligible to apply for permanent immigration?

The easiest and fastest way for you to find out if you are eligible is to fill out our free online assessment and let our registered agents do all the work for you. All the assessments we recieve are looked over by qualified agents who will make a preliminary assessment based on the information you provide and contact you to discuss your options.

What if my situation changes after I have lodged my application? Do I need to tell anyone?

Definitely, any changes should be communicated to the department. If not you may put your application at serious risk since the details it is being process on are no longer accurate. If the change is a major one you can apply to have your application put on hold if you wish.

Overseas Emigration Visas migration agents are members of the NZAMI – the New Zealand Association for Migration and Investment.

Team Expertise

Team Expertise

A native of Mangaweka, NZ, Andrew began working in the migration industry in 1998

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!