Skilled Migration – Sponsored Visa (subclass 190)

Skilled Migration

Visas for Australia

See Also

Skilled – Sponsored Visa (subclass 190)

Applications under this category are by invitation only and require you:

to have a minimum of 65 points according to DIBP’s current points test

to be under the age of 45 at the time you are invited to apply

meet the minimum requirements for English language and work experience

you must also have sponsorship from a state or territory in Australia

Australian Skills Assessment

The nominated occupation will need to be determined through a skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing body, as well as through obtaining a Points Test Advice letter.

If you meet the above requirements, an Expression of Interest (EOI) can be lodged with the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA); once the EOI has been selected and the applicant is invited to apply, an application for migration can be lodged with DOHA.

About State Sponsorship To Australia

The state sponsorship route can offer an applicant more flexibility as it is possible to nominate an occupation on DOHA’s Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), if you are sponsored by a state or territory in accordance with their State Migration Plan (SMP), and you are also awarded an additional five points for having sponsorship from a state. However, it is a condition of the state sponsorship that you reside in the sponsoring state for the first two years of your residence in Australia.

This is a permanent visa that is valid for five years from the date of visa grant.

What next?

If you want to apply for a Australia Visa or want to find out more information about emigrating to Australia, please either :

Call us on 0800 193 6900


Start Assessment

Australia FAQ


How much money am I required to bring as landing money when I enter Australia for the first time?

You are not required to have any specific amount. To have a reasonably comfortable “settling in” experience the more the better.

We have loans and credit cards debts, will this affect our application for migration? What would happen if we leave these debts behind? Also will it affect our credit rating in Australia or cause any trouble getting a mortgage once we get there?

Your credit rating is not checked for your migration application so it will not affect you getting your visa. However it may affect your credit rating in Australia as some banks carry this over and may affect getting a mortgage. If the debt is large there is every reason to suspect that they will track you down – paying off a £ debt on an $AUD income can be hard.

Can you emigrate if you have previously been bankrupt?

Generally yes. Some serial bankrupt people could be knocked back under “character”. If you are going as a business person there would be a major, if not insurmountable, problem.

After the processing fee for the visa, what other costs would be there after receiving permanent residency through Skilled migration?

Medical & police clearance & postage should do it assuming you don’t have any language charges or bonds to pay.

When applying under Australia’s skilled migration program, the occupation you nominate must be present on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).

These lists outline all the occupations that are needed in Australia.




This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!