It is no secret that Australia has a huge demand for trade professionals, and the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) is full of fantastic employment opportunities in Australia for tradespeople. We’ve summarised some of the most sort after trade job opportunities in Australia. From 1st July 2016 the skilled occupation list (SOL) will add even more roles to the list of important jobs that need to be filled in Australia.
Trade Jobs in Australia
Some of the top trades jobs in demand in Australia, at present, on the SOL include…
- Sheetmetal Trades Worker
- Metal Fabricator
- Pressure Welder
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Gas Fitter
If you’re qualified for any of the above roles, it is worth applying for a skilled visa for Australia and make the move down under. Similarly, the above is just a handful of job opportunities in Australia that are on offer.
Skilled Visa Requirements
There are a few requirements that come into play when applying for a skilled visa for Australia. So be aware of the following factors…
- Age – you must be under 50 when you apply;
- English language – you need a competent level of reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
- Occupation – Your occupation must be found on the skilled occupations list.
- Skills assessment – You must complete a skills assessment which must be assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation (which will usually have specific qualifications requirements).
- Health assessment – you should be of reasonably good health and all applicants must have a medical examination carried out by a panel doctor who is registered with The Australian Immigration Department
- Character assessment – it’s not all technical – you must also be of good character, which will also be assessed!
Moving to Australia presents an excellent opportunity to boost your income, do the job you love and live in a fantastic place with pretty good weather all year round; so get in touch with one of our migration agents today to apply for your visa for Australia.