6 reasons trade workers should migrate to Australia
If you work in a specialised trade, such as roofing, plumbing, electrical and construction, then there are many exciting opportunities for skilled workers in Australia. It is something to consider, especially in the current economic climate. Skilled professionals are highly sought after in Australia and if you’ve got the right qualifications and experience, you may well be eligible for a skilled migration visa for Australia. This means you could apply for one of the following visas.
Australian Skilled Visas
Here are our top 6 reasons why skilled trade workers are emigrating to Australia.
- Considering the current economic climate in Europe and North America, there are plenty of career opportunities to be found in Australia. With a low unemployment rate, work is readily available. The economy has remained relatively stable in Australia throughout the past decade, with further economic growth expected.
- In comparison with other first-world countries, the working wages in Australia are much higher. Although the cost of living is also more expensive, the salary you would expect to earn is enough to support a comfortable lifestyle.
- There is currently a shortage of skilled trade workers in Australia, with Adelaide being one of the worst affected area. Many Australian government-run websites are advertising for skilled workers and offering online assessments to encourage potential migrants to consider moving to the country.
- The lifestyle in Australia is very different to that of other countries. There is a high focus on balancing work and socialising/recreation, since spending time with friends and family is a very important aspect of Australian culture. Employers are more accommodating in working careers around family commitments, such as childcare.
- You can apply for a permanent visa straight away, especially if your specialised skill is one of the top ten in-demand occupations, issued by the Australian government. There is plenty of help and support available when applying for a visa, and it is advised to find a MARA registered Migration Agent to guide you through the process.
- There is a great deal of encouragement from employers to enhance career prospects by pursuing further education, whether that is enrolling on courses to supplement your skills or studying for a degree. This also opens up possible promotions to further your career within a company or organisation.
Have you been considering immigrating to Australia?
Find out if you qualify by filling out our online Free Australian Visa Assessment Page here.