If you’re a carpenter or joiner by trade who is thinking about moving to Sydney, New South Wales, but you’re still unsure, here are five reasons why you should bite the bullet and make the move ‘down under’.
The team at Overseas Emigration Visas are some of the best in the industry and every year we help skilled trade workers migrate to Australia by securing Skilled Independent Visas (subclass 189), Skilled Sponsored visas (subclass 190), and Skilled Regional Visas (subclass 489).
We have a number of partners in the trade industry such as the Down Under Centre, who will be able to help you with your Trade Skills Test, and employers who are always on the lookout for carpenter and joiners to join teams working on projects in Sydney and other cities across Australia.
After reviewing these tips on why you should consider making the move to Sydney, feel free to get in touch and speak to one of our MARA approved Migration Agents. You never know, you may well be eligible for a skilled sponsored visa for Australia.
- Carpenters and Joiners are on the top ten most in-demand occupations in Australia for 2015/16. With the shortage of skilled trade workers, there is an abundance of work to be found, due to high demand for the specialised skills.
- The yearly salary you can earn as a carpenter in Australia is much higher than that of other developed countries. Despite the higher living costs that initially may come as a shock, a completely comfortable lifestyle can be maintained, with many opportunities for saving and business development.
- There is a dedicated carpentry association set up in Australia (Carpentry Australia), a representative body that acts as the national voice of the industry and offers support for further qualifications, apprenticeships and business ownership.
- Due to the nature of the trade, there are plenty of opportunities to travel whilst pursuing work. Australia is a large and beautiful country, with some stunning sights to visit. Many skilled trade workers backpack throughout the country, travelling from city to city, seeking new experiences whilst earning a living.
- Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most densely populated city in Australia. It is also the most famous and is therefore continually growing and being developed. The expansion of the city requires skilled trades workers to fuel growth, and contribute to new buildings, commercial and residential developments.